Friday, August 28, 2009

long week

So we are hanging at the house tonight and I am just exhausted. I was up most of last night and not able to get back to sleep. Now I am just praying for 9:30 so I can get Elden to bed.

This week was busy. Elden started preschool. His first day was Tuesday and it was hard on both Jason and I. Elden cried a good bit, and boy that really pulled my heartstrings. He yelled, "where are my friends mommy and daddy?" Even Jason felt bad too. We stayed and watched through mirrored glass until he started playing.

When I picked him up he was fairly happy and told me right away that he had a fun day. He said he liked the bubbles the most. "there were bubbles everywhere!"

poor kid, after a long day at school I dragged him around fabric stores for an hour so I could find Halloween fabric to make a banner. he was a good sport though.

Wednesday we went to a paint your own pottery place in a nearby town with friends. Elden painted some letters. He was a bit disappointed that they did not have any Es so he couldn't make his name. But he did a good job painting the letters the lady who worked there gave him. He also painted a small mug. And basically he missed all the paints together in a huge mess so we'll see how it all turns out. I made 2 small plant watering figures. You can pour the water for the plants through the creatures mouth. Elden decided to help me with them as well, so I think they are going to be pretty interesting. We had lunch and hiked over to a nearby park where the kids played on a playground and ran around.

Thursday was preschool again, and Jason went with us again. This time was easier, there was almost no crying. A little procrastination and some clinging, but once he was in the door, he went right to the toys. I picked him up and he wasn't as enthusiastic about having a good time, but I think he was tired. Later that evening we talked about it and he said they did songs and he really liked the alligator song. So I think now I am going to have to ask about this song, since I have no idea what he is talking about.

Aunt Amity came over for dinner and we all had a nice visit. It was fun to have her over and to do a little cooking, even if most of it was already prepared for me!

Today we got up really early (I was up since about 3am, and Elden 7) and we met friends at the mall where they have an indoor play area. Elden and his friend played for a while and then we had lunch. I got some rest when we came home , but not enough so I am feeling guilty about not being a super active mom tonight. I did manage to feed and change him, so he's not filthy or hungry. That's pretty good right?

sorry about the lack of pictures, I am having issues with photobucket and my new computer. I can upload, but only 1 at a time. I wanted to put up some pictures from our hike at the mountain last week. Elden and I went down to the creek bed and Elden had a blast chucking rocks. Lucy enjoyed splashing in the water too.

No comments: