Tuesday, April 20, 2010

not here yet

So no baby yet. I am 5 days past due at the moment, but still had 6 more days before I had Elden so nothing new I guess. Yesterday morning I had a burst of sewing energy. I got a ton of things done. However I still haven't even started the crib skirt or the crib blanket I had planned to make. I still need to make about 30 or so more cloth wipes (it is really just cutting them out that is hard work) and of course I have fabric for cute baby clothes for baby girl, but those can wait till she's older.

My appointment yesteday included an ultrasound where I got to see her and she's adorable. Her heart rate and movements were good. They said she's a little short (but um look at the family tree) and probably around 7lb 12oz. My amniotic fluid level is just above normal, which can be nothing or a whole slew of different things that I am going to choose not to worry about since they are nothing that can be taken care of until after she's born. Of course that is easier said than done right now. I just really want her to go ahead and come on out!!!

I go back Thursday if nothing happens before then. I will get a non stress test and yet another exam. Will update everyone on how that goes.

Each day gets a little more difficult to move around etc. I think I may just end up sleeping in a chair soon. ha!

Jason has the crib put up. Yeah, except that it makes it impossible for me and this belly to get into the closet (I should be fine once I have the baby, but for now he's going to have to get some clothes out for me to put in his closet). That was an intersting discovery when I went to get dressed this morning. Luckily there was a shirt hanging on a hook right near the closet door, I could reach that one, so I was able to get dressed to take the kiddo to school.

Ok well I am going to go lie down till it is time to pick up the bubs (about 20 minutes). Going to try and do something fun afterwards.




Photobucket

24 newborn Diapers I dyed and sewed

Photobucket

some playsilks I dyed

Photobucket

teething square for baby girl


Photobucket
Half a dozen cloth wipes (figured Elden might like these so much he'll help change his sister?)


Photobucket
doll blankets, diapers, and a bib for Elden's baby that he will receive when he comes to the hospital to visit his sister

Photobucket
Elden's very own sling for his "baby" he picked out the rings and the fabric. I think it turned out adorable and really hope he'll wear it.

No comments: