We had dinner tonight with our friends Vickie, Amy and her son Sebastian, Amity, Kris, Sabree and her son Trey, and Vickie's brother Scottie. Jason and Elden and I really enjoyed getting out of the house and seeing long lost friends from APL. We had dinner at Maggianno's. Food was good, but it was just wonderful to see everyone again.
Elden was a bit restless during dinner, but so was Sebastian so it reminded me how its normal for kids his age to want to wiggle and run around. It's hard to make them sit and eat at a restaurant. Hell, its hard to make him sit and eat at home!!
Tomorrow we go back to the ENT (for me, as I still can't hear well out of my left ear) and have music class at church afterwards. Elden is really loving the music class this time. Not sure what brought about his change of heart, new teacher or his age or what? But he loves it! He is so excited he says "more more more" when we are done. He slaps his knees in rythem with the music and runs around like a crazy kid. He likes to use the instruments, sticks, egg shakers, and bells that they let the kids have in the class. Sometimes we have flashlights and he thinks that is just great. You wouldn't believe the difference from just a month and a half ago. He was a total wallflower, wouldn't participate and ran from everyone only wanting mom to hold him. I felt like I was wasting my time taking him. But not anymore!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What fun at dinner! I wish I could have been there. Elden is such a big boy now- music class sounds great. I miss you guys
Post a Comment