Saturday, March 21, 2009

touching trucks

Today a city near ours had a touch a truck festival. Basically they had all their city works vehicles on display for kids to get in, touch, blow horns, etc. At first Elden was a little intimidated as the police had 4 vehicles next to one another and they were all having sirens going and little kids screaming over the intercoms. I swear if I hear one more five year old sing the bad boys song, I am going to scream. Elden was afraid just cause of the noise. He wasn't that into it and I thought, gee maybe this was a waste of time. Especially since it was really busy and the line took a long time to get to our turn.

We met with some friends and decided to go in the school bus, since so many kids could get in at once the line was very fast and Elden could play in there as long as he wanted. Also, it was not loud and he was much more relaxed. Next we visited the fire engines, the ladder truck, and the regular fire truck. He loved it. They have numbers and gauges all over them. He flipped every switch in the firetruck He thought it was really cool. I had to agree. Wish I could have gotten into it.

He also tried out a tractor and a mini bulldozer. I wanted to get him in the recycling truck, but no luck. He wouldn't do it. I skipped the semis, since we are way overdue for a trip to the APL yard. I figure he can get in one there and probably even get a short ride around the yard.

I am getting ever closer to finishing my leadership application for LLL. I still have more reading (it will never end!) and a little writing and an oral question / answer session. Hopefully that will be it. I would love to be finished before the GA conference at the end of April, but I doubt it will really happen.



I am posting some pictures of Elden from our visit to the aquarium last week, at the Touch a truck event, and from our beach trip.


Elden loved the jelly fish. I think he really just likes saying that word!
Photobucket

Elden enjoying the tropical tank

Photobucket

more Elden at tropical tank
Photobucket

Elden at the whale shark tank
Photobucket

More Elden at Whale Shark tank
Photobucket


Elden and mom make a fort

Photobucket


Elden in a cop car
Photobucket

Elden on a tractor
Photobucket


Elden on the schoolbus
Photobucket

Elden on the back of a firetruck
Photobucket


Elden at the front of the firetruck
Photobucket

Elden at the beach house
Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Elden and his cousin Sam
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Laura, me, Lisa, and Elden
Photobucket


Proud of my little man making friends at the playground!

Photobucket

No comments: