Wednesday, July 22, 2009

remember he's just 2

that has to be the mantra at times. this morning, he threw his breakfast on the floor, twice. No amount of time in time out seemed to help him understand why this was such a bad thing. He definately did it on purpose though. If he's not getting his way, he shows his age. It's hard for me since I haven't really had to deal with anyone this age since I was this age. I think for Jason also. Its a whole new world sometimes how our well adjusted little guy can just turn on you in a matter of seconds. I have been working with Elden on relaxation techniques since he tends to get really worked up sometimes. It helps. Watching him take deep breaths is quite amusing, but the results are fantastic.

We are gearing up to have a playdate here on Friday. Should be fun, 6 or 7, 2 - 3 year olds and up to 4 babies too! I am hoping we will get some outside time in and can use the bouncer and the water table and pool too. it should be a lot of fun.

Elden will be starting preschool in a month. Tues and Thurs for 3 hours at the church. It was a tough decision, but he was spending almost that much time at the Y nursery and he will get a lot more out of preschool than he does at the Y. It's organized and it will be the same teachers and kids everytime. I am nervous about the first few days, I think there will be tears on both sides. However, I know once he settles into the routine he'll enjoy himself, they have music lessons once a week and they play on the playground, sing songs, have snacks, play inside, make art projects. I know he'll have a good time. He has told me that he wants Mom and Dad to come, but I am trying to explain that its just for little kids. When I tell him about the activities they will do he gets excited.


Last week I got Elden's haircut. It is pretty short and cute Nai Nai will get to see it on Saturday! We've been talking to Elden about her visit for a week, so he should be good and ready when she gets here. boy she'll be surprised at how much he's grown and how wonderful his speech and vocabulary have gotten.


Well, he's done with the playdough so it's off to the bath now. Hope everyone is well!

PS - Molly doesn't have cataracts!!! YEAH!!!!!! such a relief

No comments: