Thursday, October 15, 2009

worn out

We are having a really busy month this October. We got back from vacation and then my good friend Jessica and her son Thaddeus came for a visit. After they left I have gotten pretty sick. So thankful I was well while they were here so I could enjoy their company. It was awesome to get to meet Thad, who is 15 months and I haven't yet met.

He and Elden played well. Elden had his moments but for the most part was a good kid. He misses them and asked about them today. So sweet. We had a great time on their visit and we did lots of stuff including going to the children's museum for the new curious George exhibit. Both boys had a great time and were worn out after that one.

So other than being sick, this week is kind of back to normal. Jason has taken off 2 nights this week to stay home and help me out. Its been nice to have him here. I was able to rest most of this afternoon. I am hoping to go to bed early tonight. We were supposed to go to a pumpkin patch and farm tomorrow but I think I am going to back out. I was waiting to see how I was feeling, and it doesn't look good. I have a birthday dinner for a good friend tomorrow night and I already have a sitter coming for that so I am pretty sure, barring that I don't get worse that I will be going to that.

Saturday we have an alumnae luncheon that I have already rsvpd, so I am really hoping to attend that as well.

The weather here is pretty miserable and looks like it will be all week. Getting colder, which is not bad in itself, but the rain that will not stop is just annoying. Elden is going through a not wanting to wear pants or a coat thing right now so he is in for a surprise.

Its a good thing that the seasons have changed here, cause on our trip to Florida I realized he was busting out of his summer clothes. the t shirts are getting a little short and the shorts are tight around the waist. I had to buy him new swim trunks while we were down there cause the other ones were just too tight. So its good that he's gotten a little growth spurt cause he has lots of Fall clothes in the next size. I am ready to see some new things, since he's been in the same size for about a year or a little over now.

Good for him! Today was Noahs Ark day at preschool and they wanted the kids to come dressed as their favorite animal. So Elden had the perfect shirt, one fromt he Brookfield Zoo which has 2 zebras painting 5 other animals (elephant, lion, girafe, etc) with zebra stripes. Its pretty cute. He was excited to be a zebra. He's still really hesitant to go into school clinging to mom, but once he got in, I heard him telling his teacher how many kids there were in his class today. Then she asked him who was missing and he told her which kids were not there. It was sweet.

Well I think Jason has dinner ready so I am going to get going, but I wanted to add some pics of our trip. I haven't yet uploaded all of them so I didn't get the Disney ones yet and I will have some of Jess and Thad's visit too shortly.

Please send me your feel better prayers, I can't take much cause of the pregnancy. I need to feel better to go to my cousins wedding next week and host the Halloween party for the kiddos when we get back. So I need some evergy!


Jason and Elden at sunset on Anna Maria Island
Photobucket

Jason teaching Elden dominoes at MOSI in Tampa

Photobucket

Elden enjoying the children's area at MOSI in Tampa
Photobucket

Godzilla and the sandcastles
Photobucket

Mom and son on the beach
Photobucket

Getting brave and testing the water
Photobucket

He loved to fill up buckets and dump the water out
Photobucket

Elden and the sunset
Photobucket

No comments: