We made it back last Monday evening. So sad to be leaving, but also grateful to be home. We missed the cats and dogs. They were kind of happy to see us, a little bitter, except Molly who is just too dumb to know that she should be mad that we left. She's just appreciative that we came back.
I am going to try and upload some videos and see if I can put them on here too. That would be pretty neat. Elden is really learning his shapes, colors, and numbers so quickly. Everyday he gets better.
We bought him a puzzle with colorful shapes on it in Savannah where we stopped again on our way home from Tybee. We did not even open it till we got home. That same evening he was putting all the pieces in the right places and he knew what all the shapes were. He still sometimes has a harder time with colors.
This week, he has started taking the small wooden blocks with the #s and letters on them and identifying the same letter or numbers on his playmat (it has the alphabet and 0 - 9 on it). He did this all by himself. He showed me the letter J on his block, then went over to the J on the mat and pointed and made his funny little sounds for, "hey mom, I think that is the same thing, right?" It was adorable. He loves praise, so the more you give him, the more he wants to learn and get it right.
Rita has come to visit, she arrived Saturday afternoon. We took Elden to see Jason at work. We haven't been there in a while so it was fun. Elden did some running around the patio and the upstairs bar. It was great to see Jason.
Today, Chad, Amity, and her friend Taylor joined us for Dim Sum. Elden was pretty good even though he didn't eat much, except Wu gak (i know I am not spelling that right) which is fried tarro root (probably didn't spell that right either). Amity's friend was pretty daring and ate chicken feet!!! Neither JT nor Chad will go there. Rita joined him, and the rest of us just watched.
After Dim Sum, I went to visit a friend from my mom's group. She just had a baby Wednesday. She wanted some help finding a baby carrier so she can handle her infant and her toddler at the same time. Hands free is oh so nice! I was honored that she called and asked me. I brought her over some carriers to try (and of course some dinner and dessert). We had a nice time, getting her to try on some of the slings and wraps and other goodies with the new baby. I even got to put him in a sling and wear him close to me for a while. He feel right asleep and it was so nice. Made me want another one.
I am working on pictures, but in the meantime you can watch this video of Jason trying out Eldens inflatable boat at the pool at the condo in Tybee.
Elden
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dude, I was waiting for Jason to smack the back of his head on the side of the pool on the second try...
Post a Comment