It's already 5 days in! Ah less than 3 weeks to go before Christmas and I have only just begun the gift getting. I still do not have a present for Jason's birthday (in 3 days). Elden does though and that makes me a little happy. If you could've sen the things he was picking out. It was probably a lot more fun for me than the gift getting will be for Jason. He as hysterical. Trying to get me to give Daddy the giant gingerbread store decorations.
He finally did choose something Dad might like. Now we need to get it together enough to make a card. Traditionally I get Jason some kind of an ornament each year for our tree. I think i will let Elden pick one out.
This morning my friend Jessica was in Atlanta on a 5 hour layover. She is headed to Mexico for a friend's wedding. Lucky girl. She is without child or husband so I picked her up this morning and we headed over to the Flying Biscuit for breakfast and then to a consignment shop in Buckhead. Was much fun getting to see her. Jason offered to stay with Elden who I thought would sleep in since he was up late last night.
From what I hear that was not the case. They also had a birthday party to attend and so Jason took him, which bought me an etra hour and half of me alone time after I dropped Jess off. Woo whee. It was very nice. I stopped at a few more places that I don't usually get to in the city and then was home for a whole 45 minutes of quiet time in the house to do some picking up and eat lunch all by myself.
I think the absolute topper was that when they came home Elden was napping and we put him to bed, so I am overwhelmed with all the quiet in this house.
When he gets up I have an errand to run and then I am going to have him help me wrap some presents for our Christmas Angel at Church.
Jay has to work, so I have promised him much sleeping in tomorrow. I think Elden and I may go out to find Daddy's Birthday present from mom and do some Christmas shopping while Dad gets some much needed Z time.
I volunteered to sew an apron for a friend's daughter for Christmas. I am going to try and get the fabric from her today or tomorrow. I am a little nervous, but I think I can pull it off before Christmas. I also have Elden's birthday party outfit to work on.
Did someone mention decorating for Christmas? Haven't even started, although Elden picked out ornaments for the tree and lights we went LED this year they are on sale at Target right now. Of course Bubs picked out the brightly colored ones as opposed to mom's personal choice, white. But hey, I think the tree and decorating are supposed to be fun for the kiddos, so for the next 10 or 15 years I guess I will be letting them do the choosing on that kind of thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment