Thursday, December 10, 2009

Strep throat

So I took Elden to the dr today and he was tested for Strep. It was positive, which is good and bad. Good because the dr almost didn't do the test until I told her he was complaining about his mouth hurting. She had already made up her mind that he had some virus and was probably going to tell me to let it run its course. Ugh!! The other part of good is that having a diagnosis helps so much and hopefully by tomorrow night we might be able to get some sleep around here.

Bad is that he's contagious and while I tell him constantly to cover his cough, he continues to beg to be picked up and procedes to cough in your face spittle and all while you hold him. I can already feel my throat swelling, so my guess is tomorrow I will be at some kind of dr /clinic, etc to get meds. Hopefully Jason won't have to go too, but I won't put money on it.

He is a really sad little boy right now. He pretty much won't let me go out of his sight for more than a minute and he starts crying. It is pretty pathetic. He's not eating or drinking much, and it really doesn't matter what I try to give him. Jason is in the middle of his crazy work weekend. I hope he doesn't get sick to boot.

Jason's mom is also sick and has to cancel her visit this weekend. We are really sad not to have her come. I was looking forward to it. I know she will reschedule so that is good news.

Ok well keep us in your prayers please. I need it, I have to give the little man 3 different medicines in the next 2 hours and the last time I tried it he threw up on himself. I can do without a repeat of that adventure. Oh yeah and a few consecutive hours of sleep tonight would be fantastic, but for now I would just take not cleaning up vomit.

On a lighter note, I have been feeling the baby move every night. It likes to be active in the evening and especially between the hours of 7 and 11. There will have to be some changes little one once you are born!!

Hopefully we can get our tree this weekend. Were supposed to on Jason's bday, but it was raining and yucky, so we passed. Elden has been too sick since then so maybe Sunday?

No comments: