Friday, March 19, 2010

1 more month

Today was lots of fun. A beautiful day, Elden and I went to a park in Smyrna with Aunt Amity. Elden was in an "I don't wanna" mood again this morning, but quickly came around at the park. He had a ball and the sun just kept warming the earth the whole time we were there.

Then we got sandwiches and ate by a pond and took a walk around it enjoying the ducks, koi, turtles, and plant life. Especially the jonquils which Elden kept stopping to smell. Finally headed back to Auntie Am's house so I could run across the street to pick up a hostess gift for the friend throwing the baby shower. Sadly I needed 2 gifts and only found one, so I will have to run out again tonight (maybe, my motivation is very very lacking right now).

Elden was so exhausted when I came back to get him that he was extremely grumpy. He got a nice nap and when we got home he played a little more outside. Since then we've been in the house getting clean, and working on potty time as well as having a predinner snack. The time change and the sun staying up later is really messing with me!

Hard to believe it is less than a month till my due date and less than a week till I am full term. Well, in some ways it is hard to believe she'll be here so soon, but when I see my belly I know it is true since I am enormous and extremely uncomfortable.

I am a little anxious about the shower tomorrow. I am hoping it is short as I get tired pretty fast. I feel pretty self conscious as it is just being out in public getting lots of stares, comments etc and to be at a party where it is all about me is a little scary.

Tomorrow night I am supposed to attend a birthday party for Elden's sitter. Amity and her mom are going to come over and watch Elden. I am hoping I have enough energy left over to make it! It's kind of late and all the way in town. I may have to make an appearance and leave. Jason has to work so I will be stag and enormous!

Ok the boy wants to play!

1 comment:

Sarah Callender said...

Oh my I didn't realize how soon baby girl was coming! I remember those last weeks of being huge and hating to go in public because of those stares you mentioned! Just a note from my past experience...when Ian came and Eli was 2 years old Eli refused to hold Ian for any of those pictures you so desperately want and I remember getting so upset that he wasn't just "smitten" with the new baby in the house. But he came around eventually (not quickly)...I'm sure Elden will be a sweet big brother. I'm so happy for your family!