Thursday, March 11, 2010

tired mama

This has been an incredibly long week and of course its not over. Jason is in the middle of his work week which means I won't see much of him till Sunday afternoon. Thankfully tomorrow is a lighter day than the rest of the week has been. The only thing I really have to do is go to the dr. Elden will get to come with me this time so Jason can sleep since he's been up early several days this week helping me out so I could work at the consignment sale. He's been a trouper. I am glad it is over now, I am exhausted and my feet are pretty big and swollen from so much standing. besides that they had already started swelling about 2 weeks ago. I am now wearing Jason's socks.

Since my last post we did a sibling class at the hospital with Elden (waste of our time). Elden did not take it well. While Jason stepped out to use the bathroom Elden ran over to the baby doll he was supposed to be loving on and yelled "step on the baby" and stomped it in the sternum. It was quite horrifying. I couldn't look at anyone in the room. It was so opposite of the attitude he's had towards the baby this whole time I was really surprised. Not that I don't expect there to be some times when he is angry about all the attention that she's getting, but I truly hope he doesn't try to step on her. We had a long talk about it.

We also did a hospital tour which was exciting in a way, cause it made things seem much more real to me. Reminded me of how close this is all getting and what is really going to happen. I am working on my birth plan and trying to work out in my head how I want this to go this time so that it is the easiest possible for all of us. Of course I realize that babies and bodies don't always heed to our plans, so I am open to what comes. I keep praying for a simple birth with a healthy baby girl and mom.

While I still have some sewing to do for her, I feel otherwise pretty prepared in terms of having things we need. It is much simpler this time around. Jason still has more furniture arranging to do in the house, but I figured I would give him some time off for good behavior. I know it won't take him but an evening to get the crib dismantled moved and set up again, so I am not too worried.

Elden seems to be enjoying his bed most of the time so that has been a good thing. He's pretty cute in it. I'll have to post a picture of him and his alphabet sheets. Fred likes it too sometimes. Guess it isn't quite as far a leap as the regular beds.

Ok well I am going to try and get him up to bed shortly cause I am totally wiped out. Wish me luck!

No comments: