I am trying to get us packed to go to Chicago tomorrow. I am always so scatter brained when trying to get ready to go. last night while I was trying to get Elden's clothes together (and get the rest of his clean clothes hung up and moving the 18 month clothes out and the 24 month clothes in), Elden surprised me. He got into a drawer in my bathroom and found the 1 nailpolish that is in the whole damn bathroom and of course opened it and poured it all over the floor. Then he preceded to step in it, get it between his toes and foot paint the tile in our bathroom with it.
So about 30 minutes, 1 bag of cotton balls, a bottle of nail polish remover,2 bathmats, my bedroom carpet, and 1 $15 diaper cover later, I got him mostly clean. I felt like the worst mom ever. I know I should've been paying more attention and I guess I learned a lesson to not let him out of my sight, even if he's in a baby proofed area, he can still find things to explore.
This afternoon Elden and I went to Good Mews a cat shelter in Marietta where our favorite sitter Anne France volunteers. We got to meet all the inhabitants of this very unique cat haven. I fell in love with 1 and 2 others fell in love with us. Elden found a cat toy and played "fishing for kitties" for over an hour with these 2 cats. There were so many lovable cats. If you are in this area and need / want a pet this is the place to adopt a loving cat. There were several with special needs which made me sad, but they all seemed really happy and healthy living there. If you don't need a cat, I urge you to donate to them. They are no kill and the cats can live there as long as they need. Many of them have special diets and medications. I was so amazed at how many volunteers there were to help keep the place clean. It reminded me that giving back is important and I need to find a way to incorporate that into my life more. At this point in my life time is not really an option, so I have been doing it in other ways, like collecting recyclables for the shelter and sending them with Anne France on the Fridays that she volunteers. I hope to be able to do more in the future.
I've been doing quite a bit of sewing and am thinking of selling some of the things I sew. I am posting a few on here just to brag. I am trying to use some recycled materials on some of them as it gives me more options and it's kind of neat to see what you can find.
Pictures of Elden's new haircut.

Elden and Anne France (aka the worlds best babysitter)

A burp cloth, diapers / wipes bag, & changing pad I made out of a pillow case and other fabirc





Mushroom burp cloth made from pj pants.
1 comment:
I think that kid's haircut is stylin'. Can barber Jay hook me up, too? What does he charge for an all over color/root touch-up? :)
Post a Comment