Thursday, May 29, 2008

Trying this out

Supposedly I have an email address where I can send an email and it will automatically post to my blog. So I am trying it out. I have been so busy and haven't been able to sit at the computer at all to post.

We've had company. My mother in law and my dad and step mother. Also my brother came over. I've been working on some tax stuff for my mom. And Elden and I have gone one a few field trips. We went to Joe's crab shack with one of my moms groups and to the Atlanta children's museum with another.

While Rita was here we went to Piedmont park and Virginia highlands, where Elden had a total temper tantrum over a plastic lawnmower at an ace hardware. Of course his nai nai got it for him and he was so happy to push it around (pictures to follow). We also went to the friends and family night of the new restaurant that Chad is helping open. We enjoyed it even if Elden is becoming increasingly more difficult to take out it public in the evenings.

He just does so much better in a place where he can just roam and be free. Pretty much the only place he can do that is home.

We had a nice visit with Rita. When we took her to the airport, we actually went too! We are now visiting our friends Jessica and Mary in Ohio. Jess is due in about 4 weeks. She and her husband are PhD students at Miami. The town is small but very pleasant and the weather is nice. Right now I am lying in bed with the windows open enjoying the nice temp. That is over at home. Summer is on in Atlanta.

Today we took chunky, her giant lab, and Elden to a local park. Elden found the giant sandbox disguised as a volleyball court and was so fortunate that there were a ton of other kids there who were willing to share their toys. Jess had packed him some Tupperware which he did also enjoy using to dig and move sand. He had a really good time. He's still learning how to share and he gets pretty upset when over tired or hungry. However, when all the other kids left, and I thought he was going to flip out as they would take all their nest toys, he did really well. I asked him to help pick the toys up and put them away and he did. I do think he was exhausted and ready to be done but hey I can be excited for these things!

OK since my hands are getting numb from typing on the tiny buttons of my phone I am signing off. Hope this works!

Sent via Blackberry by AT&T



PS - It worked. I am uploading pics now and will post them soon!

Elden at the Children's Museum
Elden likes water wheels

Elden gathers food

loving the balls


Elden @ centenial Olympic Park

Elden @ centenial olympic park fountains

Elden with his mower in Virgina Highlands
elden and lawnmower in VA highlands

more Elden and the mower

Elden @ Piedmont Park

Elden @ piedmont park May 08

Elden likes to walk on stones


Elden on the swings and not letting go of that buckett

Elden swings with his bucket @ Piedmont

i won't let it go

Jason and Rita @ Piedmont

Jason & Rita at Piedmont

Elden and Gran Janny on Memorial Day
Janice holding Elden on memorial day

Elden showing Jeff how to mail letters
Elden and Jeff on memorial day

No comments: