Tuesday, February 10, 2009

the zoo

Sunday was a beautiful day in Atlanta. Sunny and high near 70. We took Elden to the zoo. He had a ball. First off, zoo is one of the latest words he can read and spell, so he's fascinated with it. And secondly, zoo starts with Z. Thirdly they have Zebras. It was just an all out Z day for the little guy. He had a blast. He was so excited to see all the animals he's been learning about. Elephants, Giraffes, Zebras, Lions, Pandas. He wanted to see a camel, but no luck, just some goats at the petting zoo.

Elden refused to touch them. I think he knwows how dirty he'll get if he does. Basically he's only willing to get dirty if there is food involved.

Otherwise life is slow here. Both Jason and I seem to be getting ill. I hope we can fight it off. The weather is supposed to keep up all week and I would love to get some more outdoor time.



If you can't read it the manhole cover says "Atlanta Zoo" on it. Elden was reading the Zoo part!

Photobucket


ZEEEEEBRAAAAA - or something close to it was the expression of glee that came out of Elden's mouth when he saw them

Photobucket


Jason is contemplating a new family pet

Photobucket

Elden says, you can touch those dirty animals if you want, but I am staying here
Photobucket

Daddy please don't make me!

Photobucket

Ok watching isn't so bad
Photobucket

No comments: