Thursday, February 19, 2009

just can't kick it

Elden and I both can not seem to get over our cold. It has been over a week and we are still snotty and coughing. I don't think he's miserable or contagious so I am taking him places again. He wants to be out and active but also the activity is hard on him, makes him cough and so I am trying to limit him to a small amount at a time.

I have had a really busy week so far. I joined the YMCA near us. Am excited to start going regularly. Now its just fitting it into our schedule. Its also kids consignment sale season for the next month or so here. I have 2 sales that I usually volunteer at so I can do the early shopping. I worked at one last night while Aunt Amity watched Elden and she's coming back this afternoon to watch him again while I go shop. I saw some neat books and educational puzzles elden would like last night when I was working. Hope they are still available when I get there. It is usually a madhouse, people running and carrying giant laundry baskets, etc with the clothes and toys in them. Its insane. This time I have a very short list. Elden isn't growing at the exponential rate as he was in the past. His genetics have caught up to him. He still wears 24 month size pants and that is with the bulky cloth diapers. He's in 2 and 3 T shirts and some pants he can wear 2Ts. Even his feet haven't been growing like they had been. We've been in the same size shoes for 3 months now. Some kind of miracle. Of course, just when you get complacent, he'll surprise me.

Anyway, I don't really want to get a lot of toys or books o anything either. Still waiting for Jason to finish the basement and decide what we are going to do with the space. I still think about turning the dining room into a temporary playroom. It so rarely gets used and I would love to have a separate area on the main floor for E's toys. I just have a hard time figuring out where to store the dining room table and everything in the china cabinet. Also the idea of that being the first thing people see when they come into the house is rather unapealing. Decisions decisions.

I am really looking forward to the mini venuto family reunion in florida in 2 weeks. I also get to see a college friend, Julie and her daughter Avery while we are there. Thinking about the drive and packing are a little overwhelming. I have a few things to get for the roadtrip survival kit, but I have been stockpiling for a few months, new books, and small toys, videos, etc to keep him entertained. I think I need to load up some music on my ipod to keep me sane.

Sunday I am hosting a moms group beading party for some of my friends. I volunteered to teach them how to make a bracelet by weaving beads. It's not very hard, so I hope I am successful as a teacher. I have never tried to teach crafting before, so this will be a little new. I got everyone's beads already and I can not wait to see the finished projects. Everyone's are different and I think it will be neat to see how they turn out. I even got myself some, if I get a chance to work on my own bracelet. I have already made a couple of this pattern, so I think it will go well. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm confident you will be an able teacher for the beading class. I wore the necklace and earrings you made for me not a couple of weeks ago and received multiple compliments on them. You are better than you know! Love ya.