So this has been a really busy time since we came home. We've just been on the go constantly. My poor house needs a good scrub and some organization. I haven't been sitting still long enough to do much good around here.
We went to a neat warehouse kids clothing sale in Atlanta and it was right around the corner from the CY so I got to go see Jim and Taydra. Elden slept through most of it, but we had a nice lunch anyway.
When we got home I noticed my back was killing me, but just on one side. I think I have pulled a muscle or possibly cracked a rib (maybe a stress fracture). I really hope not. It seemed a little better today, so maybe I just pulled something, but it means that there will be no babywearing for a while. I am even hesitant to pick him up, waiting only until he really won't leave me alone. makes me feel so bad for Elden. I try to tell him mommy hurts, but I am not sure that he cares or understands. He just wants up. He was ok in the stroller today, but he will only go in and out of it a couple times before he's had enough, so I am going to have to figure something out soon!
Maybe he'll start walking better? He physcially walks fine, and runs now too. But when you take him out, he dawdles, and then sometimes he just stops and squats for fun. He also decides he wants to walk in a different direction than you want to go. And thw best is when he decides that he is not going to hold hands and just stops in his tracks and refuses to move. Ahh such fun walking with a toddler!
Warning if you are eating, don't read any further.
Jason had to take Lucy to the vet as we noticed a puncture type wound on her side. He came home from the vet with her and told me what happened. Of course I was eating when he decided to do this.
He said the vet looked at her wound and thought it wasn't a puncture wound as a claw or tooth wound since it was perfectly round. She started poking it and something white appeared under the hole in her skin. It was not pus as it did not come out. She then told Jason that she thought it was fly larvae. Wolf worm I think is the name. It is rare in dogs since most of them bite, scratch, or roll the fly off while it is biting them (since it hurts) and I guess it takes some time for the fly to make the hole and then insert the larva.
So she had to numb Lucy's wound and make an incision. She pulled out the larva which Jason said looked like a white grub. She told him there are usually only one, but that we should watch it just in case. She's had one dog that had 2. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!! I had a very hard time finishing my dinner after that story.
Happy endings, she seems to be feeling much better and other than her licking the wound a bit, it seems to be healing well.
So wow if that isn't gross huh?
On a happier note, Rita is here visiting. Elden is really enjoying playing with her. They were couting tic tacs and putting them in containers tonight! She also read him some stories that he seemed to enjoy. When I got him to take him up to bed at almost 10pm, he cried for Nai Nai. But then he fell asleep almost instantly. Yeah Nai Nai!
Ok while I am working with my pictures (it takes some time) I was browsing the web. I found this:
http://www.cbs46.com/news/16979641/detail.html?rss=lnta&psp=news
after further research it seems that this house was paid off by the Extreme home makeover, and the family was given $100K in cash. The 2nd loan they took out on the house the $450K one was supposedly for them to open a construction business. OMG construction has been awful in the atlanta area for more than 2 years. What were they thinking?
The homeowner has been quoted in the press as saying she was not going to pay the mortgage anymore as she feels she is being harrassed.
This right here is why we have a mortgage crisis. Someone gave these people, not one but 2 loans on a house they could not afford to pay back. I am doubting that they have the kind of credit needed to get a loan of that size seeing that they qualified for this show. It's awful and predatory to loan people like this that kind of $ and these people are morons for taking loans against their home.
No one deserves to lose their home, but people have to take responsibility and think past the right now. There had to be no long term thinking in this deal. So basically it looks like these people have blown over $600K in less than 2 years and everyone else is going to pay for it in someway or another.
Sorry onto happier things. Pictures of Elden!!!
1st picture with the new camera.

Elden and Uncle Jim sword fighting with golf clubs

3 generations of Towlers. Jason, Elden, Aunt Kathy, and Uncle Jim

I made Elden a cute pair of shorts.

Elden can Run!


Elden chillin after a morning of jumping fun at monkey joe's with aunt Amity.

I want to swing



The Blaine clan at the family reunion

E & B at the falls

Donut eating contest at the reunion



No comments:
Post a Comment