Wednesday, July 30, 2008

First sale

Project runway is back on, yeah!!! I love this show. I DVR it and watch at night after E is asleep. Makes me want to sew. It's been a few weeks since I've touched my machine. Oh well. I have a project, I need to work on some burp cloths for Rita.

She put in an order for 3 sets while she was here. The ladies at her work are having grandchildren all over the place. So I actually made my first sale! I took payment, but will need to finish 2 sets ( 6 burp cloths) and send them to her. I had one set already done. Exciting for me to have actualy sold something. I registered my business name a few months ago. Bee's Bubs. I haven't filled out the paperwork for my tax info. It just hasn't been priority I guess. I will get there.

Today Rita went home. We were sad to see her go. Elden will really miss her. He had so much fun playing with her over the last couple of days. They really seemed to bond. Each time he gets to visit with her it seems like they get closer and he enjoys her even more.

We did take him to the Dr today and got the refferal for the ENT specialist, so we are closer to getting tubes for his ears. Should know in a week or two if / when they will do it. I will post so if you will send your prayers we would be very grateful. He needs the surgery and I really think that it will also help his speech which has been slow in coming and also is somewhat garbled. It is very hard to understand his words, even for Jason and myself. I really think it has to do with not being able to hear clearly. Once he doesn't have water in his ears all the time I think he will be able to enunciate better. Although I don't expect the world he's only 18 months!

Lastly, we went to Cheesecake Factory today for lunch with Dora. It was their 30th anniversary and national cheesecake day. Slices of cheesecake were $1.50, which was the same as when they first opened. HOLY CRAP there were a ton of people there. I expected a crowd, but this was ridiculous. We ended up sitting outside, after a 45 minute wait. It was hot, but our server was really nice and kept us hydrated. We had to order our cheesecake early since it took over an hour for the cheesecakes to come, but it worked out. We ordered them before our meal and they showed up about 10 minutes after we finished. It was too bad as it seemed they really weren't prepared for the crowds. You would look around and there were tables everywhere not being sat. Huge lines for the cheesecake counter, etc. Just generally looked like they were staffed for a regular weekday and not a day with a huge special event.

Oh well, it was fun to hang with Dora and the food was good and so was the cheesecake, especially the Lemon Rasberry. Would definately get that one again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the ear tubes! I had to have them when I was a child, and I had them in for just over 2 years (i think). Warren had them also. I will be sending you and E good juju. Love you!

Unknown said...

I didn't know anything about this ear tube thing... It'll be all good, though.