Wow today was a super long day. This morning after breakfast, Elden and I had to run a few errands, which included a stop at DiCamillo's for bread and some other treats including a corner slice of their pan pizza, then Wegman's a neat grocery store for some more Little Crunchies, aka Elden crack, he had eaten the entire container that we came with and I didn't dare to do a plane trip without a can of them, and then I hit the outlet mall, which conveniently has Gap, Carters, Osh Kosh, StrideRite, and Gymboree all right in a row.
So of course I had to get Elden a few things for fall, since I now had an empty suitcase. I had packed almost an entire suitcase with prizes and supplies for the games I organized for the family reunion picnic.
By the time we came home, Elden was ready for his nap. I got to use this time to pack up our stuff and start loading the car. Once he woke and I made him some lunch, we went swimming for about 2 hours with Aunt Deb, Aunt Jeri, and Uncle Don joined us poolside with his crosswords. I say we went swimming, but it kind of went like this. Elden wanted nothing to do with getting in the pool. It was hot and the water felt great, so I got in and he stood on the side and threw things in for me to dive for. He thought it was a great game. Aunt Deb counted the things he threw in for him and he loved it. The bigger the splash the better. And mom you'd better hurry getting them back up for me!!
It worked really well in the hot tub part since it was much easier for me to see the little sea creatures and of course much easier to get them out of the shallow water.
By the end of his run, it was time to get ready to leave. We did stop back over at Aunt Bonnie's house to say hello and goodbye to Bonnie, Rolly, and Jeri. Mike was back at his house resting from his back surgery. We are very glad that he's doing so well. We pray that he continues to heal and that the surgery gives him some relief.
Then onto the airport and the last solo plane trip for mama and Elden for a while. Just returning the car and lugging all the bags upstairs to check in was a huge ordeal. The buffalo airport is a pain in the ass.
We were there early, and check in and security is a breeze compared to Atlanta. So Elden got to enjoy the Fisher price play gate (a whole gate of toys for the little ones to play on) for over a half an hour. However, for some reason he was kind of reserved for the first part of his time there and the last part I was trying to get some food in him, so by the time I decided we should go back to our gate to wait to board our plane he was totally wound up. He was running around the gate like a crazy kid. Holding my finger and running circles around me, literally!
I waited until everyone else was on the plane and boarded last because of this, but it still took him about 30 minutes on the plane to settle down somewhat.
The lady next to us was a little crazy and said she couldn't fly without the window open. Elden hates this and pretty much had a total fit about the shade being up. I think he doesn't like the bright light. But this lady was very insistent. Of course Elden was screaming and I really wanted to tell her that she should've taken a pill, but he finally settled down and seemed to be ok with it for most of the flight.
He was a total wiggle worm the whole flight and kicked the seat in front of us quite a bit. Sorry lady! I just kept thinking, no more flights this summer with him by myself!
we got in on time, but there was a backup with the luggage and that took over 45 minutes after the plane arrived to come out. So we got to the car at about 10pm. Arrived home at 11 and he was totally asleep. Me, I'm wired on a carmel latte so I'm catching up on email.
Didn't take enough pictures on our trip, just too hard with me being alone with Elden. He's hard to keep up with and so pictures were third after watching Elden and eating!
I do want to thank my Aunt Deb and Uncle Don for their hospitality. Staying at their house was so nice. I got to spend extra time with them and their house is so peaceful. They always make me feel very welcome. Elden especially loved their sun porch.
Being at their house brings back so many nice childhood memories. We used to stay their every summer when we would come for a week or two visit. I grew up swimming in the Niagara river off her seawall before they put in the pool. I played at Jayne park on the island. Her son Chris and I had lots of fun together and of course with Alex and Sherry's boys and later with Chan too! I know Elden may not remember his trips to Deb and Don's house so far but it is nice to see him enjoying being there like I know I have.
There are some pictures though, and I will get them up this week. hope you all have a great rest of your weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment