It is so hot here! I tried to take Elden to a playground down the street this afternoon and since it is not shaded at all (brand new and only saplings no older trees were left), we couldn't stay more than 30 minutes. Elden couldn't really even get on the equipment it was so hot. I don't know what I was thinking. I guess from now on its inside places or something with shade in the early hours. I hate Georgia summers for the heat. I love the long days, but if you can't go out much I don't know. Ww will probably just go to whitewater for most of our playing. We've been 3 times already and Elden really enjoys it.
Tomorrow Anne France comes for the first time in over 2 weeks. I am so ready to see her for a few hours. I could really use a break. Elden and Jason were going to have a father son day on Monday, but as they were getting ready to leave I decided I really wanted to join them. We took Elden to the children's museum and then over to one of the places that Jason works and to eat some late lunch. It was a really nice family day just enjoying each other's company. Elden always enjoys the children's museum, touching feeling, creating, and running around like a crazy kid. It was not nearly as busy as I thought it would've been with the heat and with school being out and all. I will probably do it again this summer since it was such a good time.
We are hearing that my cousin Lisa is probably getting married this fall and we are excited at the thought of getting to return to NY and seeing everyone. I think October will be a great time to go. Of course Jason is looking forward to casinos. I am thinking Elden and I might stay an extra day or two to see some of my mom's family also, I don't know if Jason will be able to, it will depend on the timing. We already have a vacation to Florida planned at the end of September to celebrate our 10 year anniversary, so we'll have to see. He can't get away with too much time off.
I hope whereever you are, that you are not overwhlemed with this heat. PS - right now Elden is cracking up at the Count on sesame street. He's counting sneezes and Elden thinks this is just so funny! AAAAACHHHHOOOOOOOO!
And thanks again for all the mail. He just loves it!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment