Thursday, June 11, 2009

a wonderful day

Enjoyed seeing my Dad and Step mom today. They drove up to the mall of GA with my stepmom's sister and nice and my stepsister too. I skipped on my LLL meeting, but it was worth it to see them all and enjoy the afternoon. Elden was really good in the car and surprisingly in the mall too! I had the jogger for him and he actually rode around in it for part of the time.

In the past month or so, he's gained about a pound and a half, which Jason and I both agree is the tipping point. He's 30.5 lbs and you just can't carry him for more than a minute or so. Anyway, I am trying to teach him that he has to walk or he can ride in the stroller and while he still wants you to pick him up, he does seem to get it when you remind him. I don't blame him though, the view from being held is much nicer than the view from toddler standing or being in the stroller, much too low to see all the good stuff!

One of the highlights of the day was the carosel at the mall. My stepmom tried to take Elden on it and before it could even start he was crying and wanted off immediately. Oh well, maybe one day he'll be ready to go! He did enjoy the toddler area in the mall and it was a nice break for him from shopping. They had some little things for him to climb and slide, etc.

All in all a very successful outing. Since shopping is really hard to do with Elden alone (Sunday's attempt to find a shirt for my girl's night out was completely unsucessful, and consisted of me yelling, no! get back here! stop it! don't touch that! come out of there! And something like ifyoudon'tbehaveyouwon'tgetanymorejellybeanseveragain!!!!!!! and mainly it left me very frustrated and feeling like an unfit parent). Anyway, having all the extra hands and attention from grandparents was a godsend. I was able to find a much neede cover up for our trips to whitewater and a few pairs of inexpensive running shorts that fit!

We went directly from the mall to the Y and I had a really nice workout while Elden played. He even went to the potty several times today and only once used a diaper! On the way home we stopped at the library to drop off some books and found out that you can return the books to any of the county libraries. I am so thrilled. That makes life all the easier. I am really loving the library here. Elden loves going in cause we always sit and read a few stories of his choosing and he usually gets to rent a dvd or too depending on their inventory.

If I hadn't missed seeing my husband today would have been perfect. You can't have everything, I will make time to see him tomorrow. His schedule has been so early lately that it has been hard for us to make time to see much of each other. Fortunately we have a date night on Monday, going to see The Hangover, so if you've seen it I don't want to know!!!!

Ok well perfect ending? Not so much, Elden has a cold and it seems to have gotten worse. We've been up for 2 hours and he can't seem to get back to sleep. I've tried feeding him, reading to him, making him just lay down, etc. but he's having a hard time since he's been coughing so much when he lays down. And of course, he has enough energy for 6 people to boot! Jason come home soon!!!!!

No comments: