Sunday, June 7, 2009

Just Elden and Mommy

So I let Jason off the hook today. He's spending the day with friends from work boating and then going to a music festival in Chattanooga. He left around 10 am and I probably won't see him before I go to bed. I miss him a lot, especially after his long week of work, but I know he needs time to unwind also. He has watched Elden for me several times while I hang out with my friends, so he's entitled to some time of his own.

Elden is now napping. I took him to a local outdoor shopping plaza for lunch and so I could look for a cute shirt for dinner with my girl's tomorrow night. No luck on the shirt. It is about impossible to shop with the little guy. He has way too much fun. Trying anything on just tests the limits of his patience. Oh well. I will try again tomorrow, as I have to return the running shoes Jason got me for my birthday. They were custom fit, blah blah blah, but they kill my feet and left leg when I wear them. My old, non custom fit, trail runners that have seen better days fit and feel about 100% better than these, so I don't know, I might just keep them till they absolutely die. At the moment they are starting to split on one side, but I think they might make it another month or two.

We've been getting into a nice pattern of going to the Y in the mornings around lunch time and then Elden falls asleep in the car on the way home and naps at the house for about an hour when we get home. Unfortunately, Jason is being scheduled early most days, so it is defiantly interfering with Elden and Daddy time. He's been super clingy to Dad lately. Every time he sees him, he wants nothing to do with me. Even as far as telling me that its just Elden and Daddy, no Mommy. Tomorrow they will have some time together so I hope that cures his need for Daddy time for a little while. Poor Jason, if he shows his face in the early morning, he's a goner. Elden won't let him go back to bed and cries if he tries to leave.

Elden and I (or as he likes to say, "just Elden and Mommy") are headed out to a 1st birthday party for one of my friend's daughters. Its at a local park and I think E will have a good time. Most of his little friends from my mom's group will be there, so he's bound to have a good time. I will take some pictures and post them when I get a chance. Ha! The list just keeps growing and I am hosting a play date here on Friday as well as having LLL meeting this week, so I don't know when I am going to get it all done.

If you find her, please send the cleaning lady fairy here. If not, say a prayer for me (or coffee) so I can at least get the floors clean and clear of dog hair before all my friends come over. thanks!

oh yeah, cute quote of the week from Elden "that sounds like a plan!" too adorable when he says it.

No comments: